Beloved Parish Priest Rev. Fr. S. Solomon
Punnainagar parish is a shining parish in the tiny diocese of Kottar, Kanyakumari District, Tamilnadu, India.
The patroness of the Church at Punnainagar is Our Lady of Lourdes. The parishioners are happy and healthy by the intercession of Our Lady of Lourdes.
I took the canonical possession of this parish as parish priest on 1st October 2017. Within a short period I noticed that hundreds of people every day visit this Church- school going children, college going students, office going employees, business people and senior citizens. The church is almost full even for daily Mass
The parish is well administered by the Parish council elected by the parishioners and the office bearers co-operate with commitment and dedication. The parishioners are very generous to donate for the need of the Church. The involvement of the people in the liturgical services is very positive and they express their solidarity.
To go one step further, the parishioners are interested in starting a
website under the ID "http://www.lourdesannai.com". This will
facilitate the people to know the important events of the parish and have touch with the parishioners live in abroad or in other states.
I appreciate all those work technically for this endeavour.
May Mother Mary intercede for us and protect us.
God bles you all.
With Love and prayers
Fr. S. Solomon
Bio Data of the parish priest.
Msgr. Fr. S. Solomon -01.09.1958
- Alenchy (Kanyakumari District, Diocese of Kottar) Mr. Stanislaus and Mrs. Gnanammal
Date of Priestly Ordination -14.04.1985
School Studies -1 to VIII - St. Aloysius Middle school, Velliavilai)
Given Name Date of Birth Place of Birth Parents:
- IX—XI - Carmel School., Nagercoil
- Joined Seminary in June 1972
Civil Degree Ecclesiastical Degree
Thesis Title Parish Ministries
- 1972 -1976 - St. Aloysius minor Seminary
- 1976 -1977 - St Peter's Minor Seminary, Madura!
- 1977 - 1980 - Philosophy, St Peter's Pontifical Seminary, Bangalore
- 1980 - 1981 - Regency, St. Xavier's cathedral, Kottar
- 1981 - 1985 - Theology, St Peter's Pontifical Seminary, Bangalore
- M. A., Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai
- M.C.L -Licentiate in Canon Law, St. Peter's Institute Bangalore (Affiliated with Urbanian university, Rome)
- "Requirements for Sacred Orders with special reference to Celibacy" Under The guidance of Rev. Fr. Dr. Rayapa.
- 1985 - 1986 - Asst. Parish priest, St. Antony's Church, Kurusady
- 1986 - 1988 - Prefect, St. Xavier Mission Home, Nagercoil,
- 1988-1990 - Parochial Administrator, Chrsit the King Church, Sadayalputhoor
- 1990-1993- Parish Priest, St. Lourdes Church, Lourdugiri
- 1993-1996. Parish Priest, St. Theresa Church , Kandanvilai
- 1996-1997- Parish priest, Christ the King Church, Kanavoor
- 1997 - 19199- Higher studies, Canon Law in St. Peter's pontifical Institute, Bangalore.
- 1999-2002, Parish priest, Church of Our Lady of snows, Maravankudiruppu
- 2002-2003 - Parish Priest, St. Sebastin Church, Madathattuvilai
- 2003- 2005 - Parish priest, St. Bernadette Church, Mangalakunnu.
- 2005 - 20013 - Diocesan Judge
- 20015 - 2017- Vicar General, Diocese of Kottar
- 2017, Oct. 1 - Parish priest of Punnainagar.
- 2005- 2013 - Judicial Vicar, Diocese of Kottar for 8 years.
- 25.05.2013 - Vicar General of Diocese of Kottar
Special Ministries - Episcopal Delegate for the Cause of Blessed Devasahyam Pillai
- Vice president of Tamilnadu Canon Law Assocoiation
Director of Sacred Heart League